Every journey has a destination...
Your journey exploring First Baptist Church At The Villages continues as you begin to discover more about the First Baptist Family.
- Join in rich fellowship in The Gathering Hall each Sunday morning before, in between and after each service. Refreshments are available.
- Connect with others by participating in opportunities to serve or by becoming part of a Bible Fellowship or small group study.
- Plan to attend Wednesday Night Connection in Fellowship Hall. A time for prayer begins at 4:00pm in the classroom followed by dinner and Bible study. You may make your reservation for dinner here on the website or by using your Connection Card included in your Sunday Worship Bulletin. Click here to make your dinner reservation online. The cost is $6.50 which is payable when you arrive for dinner. A weekly menu is provided in the Worship Bulletin and here on the website. See the "Events" page.
- Joining with others in a small group for fellowship and to study God's Word is an important part of growing spiritually and connecting with others in your church family. Bible Fellowships are just like Sunday School but meet on days throughout the week. They are ongoing groups with no end date and new members are welcome at any time. Classes meet in Fellowship Hall (the church's former Worship Center). The meeting day, time and current topics of study are noted in the Sunday Worship Bulletin each week and on this website on the "Bible Study" page.
- Other short-term Bible studies, men's and women's studies, and small, in-home groups also form throughout the year and are announced in the Sunday Bulletin and on the website when available.
- The Bible study which follows Wednesday Night Dinner is also a great opportunity for fellowship and study.
Serving God in the Church and the Community
- Service matters to God and you were saved to serve. Real service meets real needs and there are many opportunities to volunteer within the church and to serve those in need throughout the community. Within the church you may choose to serve in areas of hospitality, worship and music, technical support, congregational care, and many others.
- In the community, there are opportunities to reach out and serve with faith-based organizations with which we are affiliated.
- Specific ministry opportunities are showcased here on the "Missions" and the "Ministries" pages and here on the website. You may also call the church office for more specific information about how you can get involved. Church office phone: 352.205.7114
At the end of the journey, the place where family is experienced is called home. May your journey lead you home...to First Baptist At The Villages.